Saturday, January 14, 2012

Goal-- Check

I like to plan out running routes that are different than my normal loops.  One of the loops I've wanted to try since I finished my first 3 mile run has been to run the bypass here in Ogallala.  For locals, we started at Northpark.  We took the bike path up to the highway and around and turned back in at the cemetery, then West P to Ethel ending back at our cars in front of the boyscout cabin.  For nonlocals, I'm sorry.  I have no way of explaining that to you.
Anyway, the run was over 8 miles with hills.  Danielle needed an 8 mile run and I wanted to do this particular route.  Goal completed for me, run checked off for her.  Again, it was a pleasure to run with such a great partner.  Danielle is definitely an accomplished runner, much better than I am.  She was very encouraging even after having to wait for me to tie my shoe TWICE (apparently I can't double knot... I need little kid Velcro shoes).  Thanks again, Danielle, for not only running with me, but being a great friend to talk to on Saturday mornings.
So, here is a terrible picture of me after running.  Danielle, I'm not going to deny my jealousy that you look like a pretty girl stepping out into the cold while I'm pretty sure I look like I just ran a lot.

Knowing that the runners high of accomplishing a goal like that would wear off before the end of the day and that the soreness of running an almost completely road run of that distance would kick in at some point, I kept myself busy today.  We did our second and final grocery store stop for the month (spent less than anticipated but did buy one emergency item--Aleve for Jim's knee), got our bikes out to enjoy the day, and I cleaned some on Jim's car and the house.
So far, no soreness, I've been up and down enough all day to avoid it.  I did notice, however, that my feet were a little tender after today's endeavor, so I decided I would pamper myself tonight with an at home pedicure.  I do these every so often anyway, but tonight was the night for another one, completely free.
In case you are interested...
I use lavender scented bath salts in hot water with a small amount of warm milk (apparently that's good for you) scrub my feet with the stone, wash with lavender body scrub, then lavender body butter.  Then, of course, I trim the nails and paint.  Free, wonderful and good smelling.


1 comment:

  1. Pretty girl, eh? Apparently you didn't get close enough to smell me!

    Thanks again for creating a new route for us to enjoy! Looking forward to the next long run!

    ReplyDelete