Sunday, January 15, 2012

Orange

Today was a beautiful January day so I chose to walk to choir and took Rachel with me.  Rachel is a friend who has traveled the country with me.  We both have family living in the same town in Nevada, so we took off on a road trip a couple years back and have been friends since. 
While we were walking the sun went down.  The Artist Himself gave us a beautiful sunset, with all different colors of orange that seemed to surround us.  Obviously the orange was strongest and brightest at the sun itself, but the clouds all around us were swirls of orange in different hues, the ground had an orange tint, our faces looked warmer.
And waiting at home for me was a guilty little treat I made this afternoon-- jello cookies.  Which, if you haven't made, are really easy and different cookies you can make in any flavor you please.  Mine were orange in color because, well, they were made with orange jello.
Yes, those of you who were wondering, I do sometimes have cookies.  I admit that I feel guilty after eating unhealthy versions (chocolatecoveredkatie.com has some healthier versions), but they are a rare treat. 

So it seems orange was my color today.  I never used to like orange, but moving to Ogallala where the school color is orange and sunsets are almost always a beautiful orange, I'm starting to warm up to it.

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment